Tub Reglazing in Affton, MO
Tub Reglazing Affton, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Affton, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Affton, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Affton, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Affton, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with a thorough cleaning and sanding of the surface using a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. Finally, we use a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Affton, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you pick a Affton, MO competing company that relies on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, problems may still occur. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should know and avoid near Affton, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually lead to cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your tub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Affton, MO tub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, particularly when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is usually because of the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our knowledgeable team has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Affton, MO, and we use only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work done right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Affton, MO company that treats it like one. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your Affton, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Affton, MO competitor didn’t properly air out the site and let debris and dust get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Affton, MO tub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Affton, MO. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We will make sure the job is done the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are dedicated to providing residents in Affton, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Affton, MO customers are happy to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
In addition to our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Affton, MO neighbors:
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other flaws to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Determining if your bathroom's in need of tub reglazing depends on several factors including the state of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Below are a handful of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Aging and Wear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate stains. Reglazing can revitalize the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're remodeling your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to match the updated style, reglazing is a economical way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like blemishes, reglazing can repair these imperfections without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub ages, it can accumulate dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be expensive and demanding for both labor and parts. Reglazing is a more affordable and faster alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a antique bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original charm while restoring its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to revitalize the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need to invest in a full remodel.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're getting ready to sell your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a quicker sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on wear and tear and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be sufficient, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Tub Reglazing Might Not Be the Best Option
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like some plastic varieties, may not be fit for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing may be a good fit for your Affton, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Affton, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service will improve the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Affton, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Affton, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Affton, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our Affton, MO customers don’t experience peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Affton, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Additionally, we can reglaze your bathtub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my Affton, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Affton, MO?
We employ eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Affton, MO tub reglazing experts have all the suitable equipment and protective gear to protect the rest of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Affton, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in Affton, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our experienced tub reglazing team in Affton, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking your bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Affton, MO, and we will put you right back into your comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.