Tub Reglazing in O'Fallon, MO
Tub Reglazing O'Fallon, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in O'Fallon, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in O'Fallon, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in O'Fallon, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with an indepth sanding and cleaning of the surface utilizing our specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we repair and seal all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. To finish, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish procedure, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in O'Fallon, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a O'Fallon, MO competing company that banks on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, problems may still arise. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should be aware of and avoid near O'Fallon, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your tub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your O'Fallon, MO bathtub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is generally because of the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our knowledgeable team has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in O'Fallon, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we use only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the work finished right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a O'Fallon, MO company that treats it like one. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your O'Fallon, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is precisely the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a O'Fallon, MO competitor didn’t properly air out the site and let dust and debris get enclosed into the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your O'Fallon, MO tub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in O'Fallon, MO. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is finished the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are devoted to providing residents in O'Fallon, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our O'Fallon, MO customers are pleased to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our O'Fallon, MO neighbors:
- Low Cost Bathtub Refinishing
- Affordable Bathtub Resurfacing
- Bathtub Resurfacing
- Cracked Bathtub Repair
- Low Cost Tub Resurfacing
- Fiberglass Tub Repair
- Shower Repair
- Bathtub Replacement Alternative
- Acrylic Bathtub Repair
- Countertop Resurfacing
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can rejuvenate cracks, rust, and other imperfections to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Determining when to opt for tub reglazing depends on various factors related to the state of your bathtub, your remodeling plans, and budget. Below are a handful of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Aging: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate chips. Reglazing can restore the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and desire to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new design, reglazing is a cost-effective way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can repair these imperfections without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes porous, it can accumulate dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and time-consuming, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a cheaper and faster alternative to get the same like-new look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can retain its original form and aesthetic while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an practical way to refresh the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're planning to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has serious structural damage, reglazing might not be the right move, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be sufficient.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like specific types of plastic, may not be appropriate for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a new shape, replacement is the better route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing may be a good fit for your O'Fallon, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our O'Fallon, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service will improve the functionality and look of your whole bathroom. We strive to ensure our O'Fallon, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some of the questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in O'Fallon, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in O'Fallon, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing does the job right the first time around so that our O'Fallon, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the O'Fallon, MO new finish last?
You can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Additionally, we can reglaze your bathtub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my O'Fallon, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in O'Fallon, MO?
We employ eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our O'Fallon, MO tub reglazing experts have all the necessary protective gear and equipment to protect the remainder of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in O'Fallon, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in O'Fallon, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our experienced tub reglazing team in O'Fallon, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking the bank.
Contact us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in O'Fallon, MO, and we will get you right back in your comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.