Tub Reglazing in High Ridge, MO
Tub Reglazing High Ridge, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in High Ridge, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in High Ridge, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in High Ridge, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring worn, impossible to clean, chipped, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in High Ridge, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with a thorough sanding and cleaning of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we repair and seal all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in High Ridge, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a High Ridge, MO competing company that relies on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should know and avoid near High Ridge, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually lead to cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your bathtub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your High Ridge, MO tub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, particularly when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is generally because of inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our professional staff has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in High Ridge, MO, and we utilize only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work finished right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a High Ridge, MO company that treats it like one. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your High Ridge, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a High Ridge, MO competitor did not properly air out the site and let dust and debris get trapped in the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your High Ridge, MO tub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in High Ridge, MO. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We will ensure the job is done the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are devoted to providing residents in High Ridge, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our High Ridge, MO customers are happy to contact A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our High Ridge, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other flaws to make any house's bathroom look like new. Determining if it's time for tub reglazing depends on various factors related to the condition of your bathtub, your remodeling plans, and budget. Here are a couple of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Wear and Tear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate chips. Reglazing can renew the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're remodeling your bathroom and desire to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new design, reglazing is a economical way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can repair these issues without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes rough, it can trap dirt and grime, making it challenging to clean. Reglazing creates a new, smooth surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a cheaper and more efficient alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can maintain its original charm while restoring its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an practical way to revitalize the look of a bathroom between tenants without the need to invest in a full remodel.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're getting ready to sell your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on usage and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be enough, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Tub Reglazing Might Not Be the Best Option
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has significant structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be adequate.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like specific types of plastic, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the better route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing is a good fit for your High Ridge, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our High Ridge, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service improves the look and functionality of your entire bathroom. We strive to ensure our High Ridge, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page before beginning work. The following are some of the questions we generally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in High Ridge, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in High Ridge, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing does it right the first time around so that our High Ridge, MO customers don’t have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the High Ridge, MO new finish last?
You can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Additionally, we can reglaze your tub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my High Ridge, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green finish or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in High Ridge, MO?
We employ low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our High Ridge, MO tub reglazing specialists have all the needed equipment and protective gear to protect the rest of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in High Ridge, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in High Ridge, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing staff in High Ridge, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking your bank.
Reach out to us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in High Ridge, MO, and we will put you right back into your comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.