Tub Reglazing in St. Charles, MO
Tub Reglazing St. Charles, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in St. Charles, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in St. Charles, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in St. Charles, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in St. Charles, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with a thorough cleaning and sanding of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff procedure, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in St. Charles, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you pick a St. Charles, MO competing company that relies on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should know and avoid near St. Charles, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your tub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your St. Charles, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, specifically when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is generally because of inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our knowledgeable team has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in St. Charles, MO, and we use only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work finished right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a St. Charles, MO company that treats it like one. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your St. Charles, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a St. Charles, MO competitor didn’t properly ventilate the site and let debris and dust get enclosed into the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your St. Charles, MO bathtub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in St. Charles, MO. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We will make sure the job is finished the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are devoted to providing residents in St. Charles, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our St. Charles, MO customers are pleased to contact A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our St. Charles, MO neighbors:
- Low Cost Bathtub Refinishing
- Affordable Bathtub Resurfacing
- Bathtub Resurfacing
- Cracked Bathtub Repair
- Low Cost Tub Resurfacing
- Fiberglass Tub Repair
- Shower Repair
- Bathtub Replacement Alternative
- Acrylic Bathtub Repair
- Countertop Resurfacing
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can rejuvenate cracks, rust, and other flaws to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Deciding when to opt for tub reglazing depends on multiple factors including the condition of your bathtub, your bathroom redesign objectives, and budget. Below are a few of the situations where it makes the most sense:
- Aging: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate scratches. Reglazing can revitalize the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're remodeling your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to match the updated style, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without replacing the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has slight surface damage like blemishes, reglazing can address these flaws without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes porous, it can accumulate dirt and grime, making it challenging to clean. Reglazing creates a new, resistant surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be expensive and demanding for both labor and parts. Reglazing is a more affordable and more efficient alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a classic bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original charm while restoring its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an efficient way to update the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially raising its market value and aiding in a quicker sale.
It's important to note that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on usage and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be enough, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has significant structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be sufficient.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be appropriate for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a different style, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be right for your St. Charles, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our St. Charles, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing process improves the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our St. Charles, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some of the questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in St. Charles, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in St. Charles, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The team at A New Look Resurfacing does the job right the first time around so that our St. Charles, MO customers don’t experience peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the St. Charles, MO new finish last?
You can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my St. Charles, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in St. Charles, MO?
We use low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our St. Charles, MO tub reglazing experts have all the needed protective gear and equipment to protect the rest of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in St. Charles, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in St. Charles, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our knowledgeable tub reglazing team in St. Charles, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking the bank.
Contact us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in St. Charles, MO, and we will get you right back in your comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.