Tub Reglazing in Shrewsbury, MO
Tub Reglazing Shrewsbury, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Shrewsbury, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Shrewsbury, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Shrewsbury, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring worn, impossible to clean, chipped, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Shrewsbury, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with a thorough sanding and cleaning of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Shrewsbury, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a Shrewsbury, MO competing company that banks on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still arise. Some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should know and avoid near Shrewsbury, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your bathtub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Shrewsbury, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, particularly when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is generally due to the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our professional staff has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Shrewsbury, MO, and we use only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the job done right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Shrewsbury, MO company that treats it as such. Select A New Look Resurfacing for your Shrewsbury, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Shrewsbury, MO competitor did not properly ventilate the site and let debris and dust get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Shrewsbury, MO bathtub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Shrewsbury, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is finished the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are devoted to providing residents in Shrewsbury, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Shrewsbury, MO customers are happy to contact A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Shrewsbury, MO neighbors:
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can restore cracks, rust, and other defects to make any home's bathroom look refreshed. Deciding if your bathroom's in need of tub reglazing depends on a range of factors related to the condition of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Here are a few of the situations where it is most beneficial:
- Aging: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate scratches. Reglazing can revitalize the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to align with the new decor, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can fix these flaws without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub wears down, it can accumulate dirt and grime, making it hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, smooth surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and labor-intensive for both labor and parts. Reglazing is a cheaper and quicker alternative to make your tub look like it was just installed.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original form and aesthetic while restoring its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to refresh the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially raising its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to note that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on wear and tear and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be a good fit, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Tub Reglazing Might Not Be the Best Option
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be sufficient.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to switch to a bathtub with new features or a new shape, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing is right for your Shrewsbury, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Shrewsbury, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure will improve the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Shrewsbury, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we are on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Shrewsbury, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in Shrewsbury, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our Shrewsbury, MO customers don’t experience peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the Shrewsbury, MO new finish last?
You can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your tub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my Shrewsbury, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Shrewsbury, MO?
We employ eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Shrewsbury, MO tub reglazing experts have all the suitable protective gear and equipment to shield the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in Shrewsbury, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Shrewsbury, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our experienced tub reglazing team in Shrewsbury, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking your bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Shrewsbury, MO, and we will put you right back in your comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.