Tub Reglazing in St. John, MO
Tub Reglazing St. John, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in St. John, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in St. John, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in St. John, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in St. John, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with an indepth cleaning and sanding of the surface utilizing a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of soap scum, mineral deposits, and body oils. Next, we repair and seal all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. To finish, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff process, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in St. John, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a token of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you select a St. John, MO competing company that banks on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should know and avoid near St. John, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually lead to cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your bathtub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your St. John, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, specifically when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is typically because of the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our professional staff has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in St. John, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we use only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work finished right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a St. John, MO company that treats it like one. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your St. John, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a St. John, MO competitor did not properly air out the site and let dust and debris get enclosed into the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your St. John, MO tub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in St. John, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is done the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are dedicated to providing residents in St. John, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our St. John, MO customers are pleased to contact A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our St. John, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can restore cracks, rust, and other blemishes to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Figuring out when to opt for tub reglazing depends on several factors including the condition of your bathtub, your bathroom redesign objectives, and budget. Here are a few of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Wear and Tear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate fading. Reglazing can restore the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to match the new design, reglazing is a economical way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has slight surface damage like blemishes, reglazing can address these imperfections without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub wears down, it can accumulate dirt and grime, making it hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, resistant surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a more affordable and more efficient alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a antique bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original charm while reviving its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an efficient way to refresh the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need to invest in a full remodel.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on wear and tear and maintenance. If your tub has severe structural damage, reglazing might not be the right move, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be adequate.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like some plastic varieties, may not be fit for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to switch to a bathtub with new features or a new shape, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing is right for your St. John, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our St. John, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service improves the functionality and look of your entire bathroom. We strive to ensure our St. John, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we’re on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in St. John, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in St. John, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our St. John, MO customers don’t have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the St. John, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Also, we can reglaze your tub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my St. John, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green finish or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in St. John, MO?
We employ low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our St. John, MO tub reglazing experts have all the suitable equipment and protective gear to protect the remainder of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in St. John, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in St. John, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our experienced tub reglazing staff in St. John, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking the bank.
Contact us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in St. John, MO, and we will put you right back into your euphoric comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.