Tub Reglazing in Arnold, MO
Tub Reglazing Arnold, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Arnold, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Arnold, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Arnold, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Arnold, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with an indepth cleaning and sanding of the surface using a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we repair and seal all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. To finish, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff procedure, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Arnold, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a token of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a Arnold, MO competing company that relies on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, issues may still occur. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should know and avoid near Arnold, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your tub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your Arnold, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, specifically when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is typically due to inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our knowledgeable team has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Arnold, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we utilize only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work finished right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Arnold, MO company that treats it as such. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your Arnold, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Arnold, MO competitor did not properly ventilate the site and let debris and dust get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Arnold, MO tub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Arnold, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We’ll make sure the job is done the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are devoted to providing residents in Arnold, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Arnold, MO customers are pleased to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Arnold, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other imperfections to make any home's bathroom look like new. Figuring out when to opt for tub reglazing depends on several factors including the state of your bathtub, your bathroom redesign objectives, and budget. Here are a handful of the situations where it is most beneficial:
- Aging: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as chips. Reglazing can revitalize the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're remodeling your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new decor, reglazing is a cost-effective way to do so without discarding the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like chips, reglazing can address these flaws without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes porous, it can harbor dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be expensive and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a less expensive and faster alternative to get the same like-new look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can maintain its original form and aesthetic while restoring its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an efficient way to update the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need for a full renovation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on wear and tear and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be enough, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like some plastic varieties, may not be appropriate for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to opt for a bathtub with new features or a different style, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing is a good fit for your Arnold, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Arnold, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure will improve the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to ensure our Arnold, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Arnold, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Arnold, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes it right the first time around so that our Arnold, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Arnold, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Arnold, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green finish or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Arnold, MO?
We employ low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our Arnold, MO tub reglazing experts have all the necessary equipment and protective gear to shield the rest of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Arnold, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in Arnold, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing team in Arnold, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking the bank.
Contact us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Arnold, MO, and we will get you right back in your euphoric comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.