Tub Reglazing in Maplewood, MO
Tub Reglazing Maplewood, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Maplewood, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Maplewood, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Maplewood, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with a complete cleaning and sanding of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish process, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Maplewood, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you pick a Maplewood, MO competing company that relies on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should be aware of and avoid near Maplewood, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your bathtub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Maplewood, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, particularly when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is usually because of the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our knowledgeable staff has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Maplewood, MO, and we utilize only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the job done right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Maplewood, MO company that treats it as such. Select A New Look Resurfacing for your Maplewood, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Maplewood, MO competitor didn’t properly air out the site and let debris and dust get enclosed into the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your Maplewood, MO bathtub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Maplewood, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We will make sure the job is completed the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are devoted to providing residents in Maplewood, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Maplewood, MO customers are happy to contact A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
In addition to our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Maplewood, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other defects to make any house's bathroom look refreshed. Deciding if your bathroom's in need of tub reglazing depends on various factors related to the state of your bathtub, your bathroom redesign objectives, and budget. Here are a number of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Aging and Wear: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as stains. Reglazing can revitalize the surface to look refreshed.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new decor, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can address these flaws without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub wears down, it can trap dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a less expensive and more efficient alternative to get the same like-new look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can maintain its original charm while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an efficient way to update the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need for a full renovation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're planning to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a quicker sale.
It's important to note that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has severe structural damage, reglazing might not be sufficient, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be sufficient.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to opt for a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be right for your Maplewood, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Maplewood, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure improves the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Maplewood, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we generally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Maplewood, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Maplewood, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing does it right the first time around so that our Maplewood, MO customers don’t experience peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Maplewood, MO new finish last?
You can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Maplewood, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Maplewood, MO?
We employ eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Maplewood, MO tub reglazing specialists have all the suitable protective gear and equipment to shield the rest of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Maplewood, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in Maplewood, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing staff in Maplewood, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking your bank.
Contact us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Maplewood, MO, and we will get you right back into your euphoric comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.