Tub Reglazing in Lemay, MO
Tub Reglazing Lemay, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Lemay, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Lemay, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Lemay, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Lemay, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with an indepth sanding and cleaning of the surface using a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of soap scum, mineral deposits, and body oils. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff procedure, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Lemay, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you pick a Lemay, MO competing company that relies on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still arise. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should know and avoid near Lemay, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your tub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your Lemay, MO tub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is generally due to the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our professional staff has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Lemay, MO, and we utilize only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the job done right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Lemay, MO company that treats it like one. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your Lemay, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is exactly the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a Lemay, MO competitor didn’t properly air out the site and let debris and dust get enclosed into the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Lemay, MO tub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Lemay, MO. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We will ensure the job is completed the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are devoted to providing residents in Lemay, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Lemay, MO customers are happy to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
In addition to our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Lemay, MO neighbors:
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can restore cracks, rust, and other imperfections to make any home's bathroom look refreshed. Determining when to opt for tub reglazing depends on various factors including the condition of your bathtub, your remodeling plans, and budget. Here are a handful of the situations where it is most beneficial:
- Wear and Tear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate fading. Reglazing can restore the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're updating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new decor, reglazing is a cost-effective way to do so without discarding the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can repair these flaws without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub ages, it can trap dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, resistant surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and time-consuming for both labor and parts. Reglazing is a cheaper and quicker alternative to get the same like-new look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a classic bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original charm while reviving its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an practical way to revitalize the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need for a full renovation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're planning to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially raising its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be the right move, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has significant structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be adequate.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like some plastic varieties, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a new shape, replacement is the better route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing may be right for your Lemay, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Lemay, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service will improve the functionality and look of your whole bathroom. We strive to ensure our Lemay, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some of the questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Lemay, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Lemay, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing completes it right the first time around so that our Lemay, MO customers don’t have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Lemay, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Additionally, we can reglaze your bathtub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Lemay, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Lemay, MO?
We use eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Lemay, MO tub reglazing specialists have all the suitable equipment and protective gear to protect the remainder of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in Lemay, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in Lemay, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our experienced tub reglazing team in Lemay, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking your bank.
Reach out to us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Lemay, MO, and we will put you right back in your euphoric comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.