Tub Reglazing in Valley Park, MO
Tub Reglazing Valley Park, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Valley Park, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Valley Park, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Valley Park, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Valley Park, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with a complete sanding and cleaning of the surface utilizing a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff process, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Valley Park, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a Valley Park, MO competing company that relies on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still arise. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should know and avoid near Valley Park, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your bathtub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your Valley Park, MO tub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, particularly when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is generally due to the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our professional team has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Valley Park, MO, and we use only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the work done right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Valley Park, MO company that treats it like one. Select A New Look Resurfacing for your Valley Park, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Valley Park, MO competitor did not properly ventilate the site and let dust and debris get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Valley Park, MO tub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Valley Park, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is finished the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are dedicated to providing residents in Valley Park, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Valley Park, MO customers are pleased to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Valley Park, MO neighbors:
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can revitalize cracks, rust, and other blemishes to make any house's bathroom look refreshed. Determining if your bathroom's in need of tub reglazing depends on multiple factors including the state of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Below are a couple of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Aging: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as fading. Reglazing can renew the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're remodeling your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to align with the new decor, reglazing is a economical way to do so without replacing the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can address these imperfections without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub wears down, it can accumulate dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and demanding, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a less expensive and more efficient alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a classic bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original form and aesthetic while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an practical way to refresh the look of a bathroom between tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're planning to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially raising its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on usage and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be sufficient, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has significant structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be adequate.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to opt for a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be a good fit for your Valley Park, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Valley Park, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service improves the look and functionality of your entire bathroom. We strive to make sure our Valley Park, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Valley Park, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Valley Park, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The team at A New Look Resurfacing does it right the first time around so that our Valley Park, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Valley Park, MO new finish last?
You can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your tub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my Valley Park, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Valley Park, MO?
We use low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our Valley Park, MO tub reglazing professionals have all the suitable equipment and protective gear to shield the rest of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Valley Park, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Valley Park, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing staff in Valley Park, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking your bank.
Reach out to us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Valley Park, MO, and we will put you right back in your comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.