Tub Reglazing in Creve Coeur, MO
Tub Reglazing Creve Coeur, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Creve Coeur, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Creve Coeur, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Creve Coeur, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Creve Coeur, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure begins with a thorough cleaning and sanding of the surface utilizing a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we repair and seal all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. To finish, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Creve Coeur, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a small slice of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a Creve Coeur, MO competing company that banks on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, issues may still happen. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should know and avoid near Creve Coeur, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your bathtub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your Creve Coeur, MO tub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is usually because of the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our knowledgeable staff has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Creve Coeur, MO, and we use only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the job done right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Creve Coeur, MO company that treats it as such. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your Creve Coeur, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Creve Coeur, MO competitor did not properly air out the site and let dust and debris get enclosed into the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your Creve Coeur, MO tub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Creve Coeur, MO. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is done the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are dedicated to providing residents in Creve Coeur, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Creve Coeur, MO customers are pleased to contact A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Creve Coeur, MO neighbors:
- Low Cost Bathtub Refinishing
- Affordable Bathtub Resurfacing
- Bathtub Resurfacing
- Cracked Bathtub Repair
- Low Cost Tub Resurfacing
- Fiberglass Tub Repair
- Shower Repair
- Bathtub Replacement Alternative
- Acrylic Bathtub Repair
- Countertop Resurfacing
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other imperfections to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Figuring out when to opt for tub reglazing depends on several factors related to the condition of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Below are a handful of the situations where it is most beneficial:
- Aging and Wear: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as chips. Reglazing can revitalize the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're updating your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to match the new design, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like chips, reglazing can address these flaws without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub wears down, it can harbor dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a more affordable and faster alternative to get the same like-new look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a classic bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original form and aesthetic while reviving its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to update the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need to invest in a full remodel.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're getting ready to sell your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to note that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on usage and maintenance. If your tub has severe structural damage, reglazing might not be a good fit, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Tub Reglazing Might Not Be the Best Option
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like specific types of plastic, may not be appropriate for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing is right for your Creve Coeur, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Creve Coeur, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure will improve the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Creve Coeur, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Creve Coeur, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Creve Coeur, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our Creve Coeur, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Creve Coeur, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my Creve Coeur, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Creve Coeur, MO?
We employ eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Creve Coeur, MO tub reglazing professionals have all the necessary equipment and protective gear to shield the remainder of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Creve Coeur, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Creve Coeur, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing team in Creve Coeur, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking your bank.
Contact us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Creve Coeur, MO, and we will put you right back into your comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.