Tub Reglazing in Oakville, MO
Tub Reglazing Oakville, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Oakville, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Oakville, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Oakville, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure begins with an indepth cleaning and sanding of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove soap scum, mineral deposits, and body oils. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. Finally, we use a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Oakville, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a small slice of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you select a Oakville, MO competing company that banks on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, issues may still occur. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should be aware of and avoid near Oakville, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your tub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Oakville, MO tub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is generally due to inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our knowledgeable staff has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Oakville, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we utilize only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the job done right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Oakville, MO company that treats it as such. Select A New Look Resurfacing for your Oakville, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is precisely the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a Oakville, MO competitor didn’t properly ventilate the site and let debris and dust get enclosed into the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Oakville, MO bathtub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Oakville, MO. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We will make sure the job is completed the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are devoted to providing residents in Oakville, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Oakville, MO customers are pleased to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Oakville, MO neighbors:
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can rejuvenate cracks, rust, and other defects to make any home's bathroom look refreshed. Figuring out when to opt for tub reglazing depends on a range of factors including the state of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Here are a handful of the situations where it is most beneficial:
- Aging: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as stains. Reglazing can renew the surface to look refreshed.
- Color Update: If you're updating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new decor, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without replacing the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like chips, reglazing can fix these issues without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub ages, it can harbor dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, smooth surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be expensive and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a less expensive and faster alternative to make your tub look like it was just installed.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a antique bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original form and aesthetic while restoring its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an practical way to update the look of a bathroom between tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're getting ready to sell your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a more rapid sale.
It's important to note that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on usage and maintenance. If your tub has serious structural damage, reglazing might not be sufficient, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like some plastic varieties, may not be appropriate for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to switch to a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the better route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing is right for your Oakville, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Oakville, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service will improve the functionality and look of your entire bathroom. We strive to ensure our Oakville, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we are on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Oakville, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in Oakville, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing does it right the first time around so that our Oakville, MO customers don’t experience peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the Oakville, MO new finish last?
You can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Additionally, we can reglaze your tub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Oakville, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Oakville, MO?
We use eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Oakville, MO tub reglazing experts have all the suitable protective gear and equipment to protect the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Oakville, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Oakville, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our experienced tub reglazing team in Oakville, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking the bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Oakville, MO, and we will put you right back into your comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.