Tub Reglazing in University City, MO
Tub Reglazing University City, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in University City, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in University City, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in University City, MO. Our tub reglazing process starts with a thorough cleaning and sanding of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove soap scum, mineral deposits, and body oils. Next, we repair and seal all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. To finish, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
For more information on the tub reglazing process in University City, MO, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in University City, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you select a University City, MO competing company that banks on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, issues may still occur. Some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should be aware of and avoid near University City, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually lead to cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your tub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your University City, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is usually because of the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our knowledgeable team has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in University City, MO, and we utilize only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work done right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a University City, MO company that treats it as such. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your University City, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is precisely the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a University City, MO competitor did not properly ventilate the site and let dust and debris get enclosed into the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your University City, MO bathtub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in University City, MO. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We’ll make sure the job is done the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are dedicated to providing residents in University City, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our University City, MO customers are happy to contact A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our University City, MO neighbors:
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other flaws to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Figuring out when to opt for tub reglazing depends on several factors including the condition of your bathtub, your bathroom redesign objectives, and budget. Here are a number of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Aging: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate scratches. Reglazing can renew the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to align with the new design, reglazing is a cost-effective way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like chips, reglazing can repair these flaws without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes porous, it can trap dirt and grime, making it difficult to clean. Reglazing creates a new, smooth surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a more affordable and more efficient alternative to make your tub look like it was just installed.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can maintain its original charm while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to refresh the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need to invest in a full remodel.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're getting ready to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be a good fit, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Tub Reglazing Might Not Be the Best Option
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be sufficient.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be appropriate for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to opt for a bathtub with new features or a new shape, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing is right for your University City, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our University City, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service will improve the functionality and look of your whole bathroom. We strive to ensure our University City, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in University City, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in University City, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes it right the first time around so that our University City, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the University City, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Additionally, we can reglaze your tub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my University City, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green finish or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in University City, MO?
We employ eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our University City, MO tub reglazing professionals have all the needed protective gear and equipment to shield the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in University City, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in University City, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our knowledgeable tub reglazing team in University City, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking your bank.
Contact us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in University City, MO, and we will get you right back into your euphoric comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.