Tub Reglazing in Rock Hill, MO
Tub Reglazing Rock Hill, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Rock Hill, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Rock Hill, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring worn, impossible to clean, chipped, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Rock Hill, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with a complete sanding and cleaning of the surface using a specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. To finish, we use a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish procedure, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Rock Hill, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a small slice of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a Rock Hill, MO competing company that banks on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, issues may still arise. Some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should be aware of and avoid near Rock Hill, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your bathtub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Rock Hill, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is usually because of inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our professional team has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Rock Hill, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we utilize only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the job finished right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Rock Hill, MO company that treats it like one. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your Rock Hill, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is exactly the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a Rock Hill, MO competitor did not properly air out the site and let debris and dust get trapped in the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your Rock Hill, MO bathtub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Rock Hill, MO. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We will make sure the job is finished the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are dedicated to providing residents in Rock Hill, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Rock Hill, MO customers are pleased to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Rock Hill, MO neighbors:
When to Reglaze Your Tub
Tub reglazing can restore cracks, rust, and other flaws to make any house's bathroom look refreshed. Figuring out if it's time for tub reglazing depends on various factors related to the condition of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Below are a couple of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Wear and Tear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate chips. Reglazing can restore the surface to look refreshed.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new decor, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without replacing the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can address these flaws without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes rough, it can harbor dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, smooth surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and demanding for both labor and parts. Reglazing is a cheaper and faster alternative to make your tub look like it was just installed.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can maintain its original charm while restoring its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an practical way to revitalize the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need for a full renovation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a shiny bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a faster sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on wear and tear and maintenance. If your tub has serious structural damage, reglazing might not be sufficient, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like specific types of plastic, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a different style, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be a good fit for your Rock Hill, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Rock Hill, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service will improve the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Rock Hill, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we are on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Rock Hill, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in Rock Hill, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our Rock Hill, MO customers don’t have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Rock Hill, MO new finish last?
You can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your tub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Rock Hill, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green finish or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Rock Hill, MO?
We use eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Rock Hill, MO tub reglazing specialists have all the necessary equipment and protective gear to protect the remainder of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in Rock Hill, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in Rock Hill, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our knowledgeable tub reglazing staff in Rock Hill, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking the bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Rock Hill, MO, and we will put you right back in your euphoric comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.