Tub Reglazing in Woodson Terrace, MO
Tub Reglazing Woodson Terrace, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Woodson Terrace, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Woodson Terrace, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Woodson Terrace, MO. Our tub reglazing process starts with a complete cleaning and sanding of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff procedure, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
Give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation, or for more information on the tub reglazing process in Woodson Terrace, MO.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Woodson Terrace, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a Woodson Terrace, MO competing company that relies on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, issues may still happen. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should know and avoid near Woodson Terrace, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually lead to cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your bathtub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Woodson Terrace, MO tub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, specifically when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is typically due to inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our professional team has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Woodson Terrace, MO, and we utilize only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the work finished right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Woodson Terrace, MO company that treats it like one. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your Woodson Terrace, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Woodson Terrace, MO competitor didn’t properly air out the site and let debris and dust get trapped in the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your Woodson Terrace, MO tub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Woodson Terrace, MO. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is completed the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are dedicated to providing residents in Woodson Terrace, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Woodson Terrace, MO customers are pleased to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Woodson Terrace, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can rejuvenate cracks, rust, and other defects to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Deciding if it's time for tub reglazing depends on multiple factors including the state of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Below are a few of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Wear and Tear: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as fading. Reglazing can revitalize the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to match the new decor, reglazing is a cost-effective way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like small cracks, reglazing can repair these flaws without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub ages, it can accumulate dirt and grime, making it challenging to clean. Reglazing creates a new, resistant surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a cheaper and quicker alternative to get the same like-new look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a classic bathtub, reglazing can retain its original form and aesthetic while reviving its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to refresh the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need to invest in a full remodel.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a shiny bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a quicker sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has severe structural damage, reglazing might not be a good fit, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be adequate.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like some plastic varieties, may not be fit for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to switch to a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be a good fit for your Woodson Terrace, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Woodson Terrace, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service improves the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to ensure our Woodson Terrace, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Woodson Terrace, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Woodson Terrace, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing does it right the first time around so that our Woodson Terrace, MO customers don’t have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the Woodson Terrace, MO new finish last?
You can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Woodson Terrace, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Woodson Terrace, MO?
We use eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Woodson Terrace, MO tub reglazing professionals have all the necessary equipment and protective gear to shield the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in Woodson Terrace, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Woodson Terrace, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing team in Woodson Terrace, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking your bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Woodson Terrace, MO, and we will put you right back in your comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.