Tub Reglazing in Union, MO
Tub Reglazing Union, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Union, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Union, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Union, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Union, MO. Our tub reglazing process starts with a thorough cleaning and sanding of the surface utilizing our specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove soap scum, mineral deposits, and body oils. Next, we seal and repair all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish procedure, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Union, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a small slice of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you select a Union, MO competing company that relies on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should be aware of and avoid near Union, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your bathtub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your Union, MO bathtub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is typically due to the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our knowledgeable team has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Union, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we use only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the job finished right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Union, MO company that treats it as such. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your Union, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Union, MO competitor didn’t properly ventilate the site and let debris and dust get trapped in the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your Union, MO tub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Union, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We’ll make sure the job is done the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are dedicated to providing residents in Union, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Union, MO customers are pleased to contact A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Union, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can restore cracks, rust, and other defects to make any house's bathroom look like new. Figuring out if it's time for tub reglazing depends on multiple factors related to the state of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Here are a few of the situations where it makes the most sense:
- Wear and Tear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate fading. Reglazing can renew the surface to look refreshed.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to match the updated style, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like blemishes, reglazing can fix these imperfections without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes rough, it can harbor dirt and grime, making it challenging to clean. Reglazing creates a new, resistant surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a cheaper and more efficient alternative to make your tub look like it was just installed.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can maintain its original form and aesthetic while reviving its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to revitalize the look of a bathroom between tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're getting ready to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a quicker sale.
It's important to note that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on usage and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be enough, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Tub Reglazing Might Not Be the Best Option
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to opt for a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be right for your Union, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Union, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service will improve the look and functionality of your entire bathroom. We strive to make sure our Union, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Union, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Union, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our Union, MO customers don’t have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Union, MO new finish last?
You can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Union, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Union, MO?
We use low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our Union, MO tub reglazing experts have all the needed protective gear and equipment to shield the remainder of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Union, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Union, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing staff in Union, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking the bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Union, MO, and we will get you right back in your euphoric comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.