Tub Reglazing in St. Ann, MO
Tub Reglazing St. Ann, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in St. Ann, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in St. Ann, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring worn, impossible to clean, chipped, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in St. Ann, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with a complete cleaning and sanding of the surface utilizing our specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove soap scum, mineral deposits, and body oils. Next, we repair and seal all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in St. Ann, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you pick a St. Ann, MO competing company that banks on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, issues may still occur. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should be aware of and avoid near St. Ann, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your tub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your St. Ann, MO bathtub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is typically due to inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our knowledgeable staff has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in St. Ann, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we use only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the job finished right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a St. Ann, MO company that treats it as such. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your St. Ann, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is exactly the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a St. Ann, MO competitor didn’t properly air out the site and let debris and dust get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your St. Ann, MO tub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in St. Ann, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We will ensure the job is completed the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are devoted to providing residents in St. Ann, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our St. Ann, MO customers are happy to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our St. Ann, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can rejuvenate cracks, rust, and other imperfections to make any house's bathroom look refreshed. Determining if your bathroom's in need of tub reglazing depends on several factors related to the condition of your bathtub, your remodeling plans, and budget. Below are a couple of the situations where it makes the most sense:
- Aging: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate fading. Reglazing can restore the surface to look refreshed.
- Color Update: If you're updating your bathroom and desire to change the color of your bathtub to match the new decor, reglazing is a cost-effective way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has slight surface damage like chips, reglazing can address these imperfections without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub wears down, it can harbor dirt and grime, making it challenging to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and demanding, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a less expensive and faster alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a antique bathtub, reglazing can retain its original charm while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an practical way to revitalize the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're planning to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially raising its market value and aiding in a more rapid sale.
It's important to note that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on wear and tear and maintenance. If your tub has severe structural damage, reglazing might not be the right move, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has significant structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be adequate.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be fit for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to opt for a bathtub with new features or a different style, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be a good fit for your St. Ann, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our St. Ann, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure improves the functionality and look of your entire bathroom. We strive to make sure our St. Ann, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some of the questions we typically hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in St. Ann, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in St. Ann, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our St. Ann, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the St. Ann, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Additionally, we can reglaze your bathtub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my St. Ann, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in St. Ann, MO?
We use eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our St. Ann, MO tub reglazing specialists have all the necessary equipment and protective gear to protect the rest of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in St. Ann, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in St. Ann, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing staff in St. Ann, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking the bank.
Reach out to us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in St. Ann, MO, and we will get you right back in your euphoric comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.