Tub Reglazing in Mehlville, MO
Tub Reglazing Mehlville, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Mehlville, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in Mehlville, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Mehlville, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Mehlville, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with a complete cleaning and sanding of the surface using our specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of soap scum, mineral deposits, and body oils. Next, we repair and seal all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. To finish, we use a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish process, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Mehlville, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a small slice of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you choose a Mehlville, MO competing company that relies on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should know and avoid near Mehlville, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your tub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Mehlville, MO tub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, especially when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is generally due to the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our knowledgeable team has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Mehlville, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we utilize only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the job done right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Mehlville, MO company that treats it like one. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your Mehlville, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is exactly the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a Mehlville, MO competitor did not properly air out the site and let dust and debris get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Mehlville, MO bathtub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Mehlville, MO. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is done the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are devoted to providing residents in Mehlville, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Mehlville, MO customers are happy to contact A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
In addition to our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Mehlville, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can rejuvenate cracks, rust, and other blemishes to make any house's bathroom look like new. Deciding if it's time for tub reglazing depends on multiple factors including the state of your bathtub, your bathroom redesign objectives, and budget. Here are a number of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Wear and Tear: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as scratches. Reglazing can renew the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to align with the updated style, reglazing is a economical way to do so without replacing the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like blemishes, reglazing can address these issues without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes rough, it can accumulate dirt and grime, making it hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, resistant surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be costly and labor-intensive for both labor and parts. Reglazing is a cheaper and faster alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a vintage bathtub, reglazing can retain its original charm while reviving its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to refresh the look of a bathroom between tenants without the need for a full renovation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're planning to sell your house, a gleaming bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a quicker sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on usage and maintenance. If your tub has severe structural damage, reglazing might not be enough, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be sufficient.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like specific types of plastic, may not be appropriate for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to upgrade to a bathtub with new features or a new shape, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing may be right for your Mehlville, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Mehlville, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure improves the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Mehlville, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we’re on the same page before beginning work. The following are some of the questions we generally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Mehlville, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in Mehlville, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our Mehlville, MO customers don’t experience peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the Mehlville, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my Mehlville, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Mehlville, MO?
We use eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our Mehlville, MO tub reglazing experts have all the needed protective gear and equipment to protect the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in Mehlville, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in Mehlville, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our professional tub reglazing team in Mehlville, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to unwind in without breaking your bank.
Contact us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Mehlville, MO, and we will put you right back into your euphoric comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.