Tub Reglazing in Lake St. Louis, MO
Tub Reglazing Lake St. Louis, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. After all, it is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Lake St. Louis, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Lake St. Louis, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring worn, impossible to clean, chipped, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Lake St. Louis, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with a thorough cleaning and sanding of the surface utilizing our specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we repair and seal all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish procedure, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
For more information on the tub reglazing process in Lake St. Louis, MO, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Lake St. Louis, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing services is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a small slice of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you select a Lake St. Louis, MO competing company that banks on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still occur. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should be aware of and avoid near Lake St. Louis, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, like bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your tub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your Lake St. Louis, MO bathtub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, specifically when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Bubbling occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. Improper coating in the tub’s finish is the usual cause. This bubbling is generally due to inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our professional staff has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Lake St. Louis, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we utilize only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the job done right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Lake St. Louis, MO company that treats it like one. Select A New Look Resurfacing for your Lake St. Louis, MO tub reglazing needs.
A reglazed bathtub should feel smooth to the touch. But if your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. It could also be that a Lake St. Louis, MO competitor didn’t properly ventilate the site and let dust and debris get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Lake St. Louis, MO bathtub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Lake St. Louis, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We will ensure the job is completed the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are dedicated to providing residents in Lake St. Louis, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Lake St. Louis, MO customers are happy to contact A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Lake St. Louis, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other defects to make any home's bathroom look renewed. Deciding when to opt for tub reglazing depends on various factors including the condition of your bathtub, your remodeling plans, and budget. Below are a number of the situations where it is most beneficial:
- Aging: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate fading. Reglazing can renew the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to match the updated style, reglazing is a cost-effective way to do so without replacing the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has small surface damage like chips, reglazing can address these issues without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes porous, it can harbor dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, smooth surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be expensive and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a more affordable and faster alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a classic bathtub, reglazing can maintain its original form and aesthetic while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an efficient way to revitalize the look of a bathroom between tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're getting ready to sell your house, a shiny bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially raising its market value and aiding in a more rapid sale.
It's important to keep in mind that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be sufficient, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be fit for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to switch to a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing is a good fit for your Lake St. Louis, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Lake St. Louis, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing service improves the functionality and look of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Lake St. Louis, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we are on the same page before beginning work. The following are some questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Lake St. Louis, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in Lake St. Louis, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes the job right the first time around so that our Lake St. Louis, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Lake St. Louis, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Additionally, we can reglaze your tub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my Lake St. Louis, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Lake St. Louis, MO?
We employ low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our Lake St. Louis, MO tub reglazing professionals have all the necessary protective gear and equipment to shield the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in Lake St. Louis, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in Lake St. Louis, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our experienced tub reglazing staff in Lake St. Louis, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking the bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Lake St. Louis, MO, and we will get you right back into your comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.