Tub Reglazing in Kirkwood, MO
Tub Reglazing Kirkwood, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or perhaps a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Kirkwood, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Kirkwood, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring worn, impossible to clean, chipped, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Kirkwood, MO. Our tub reglazing process starts with a thorough cleaning and sanding of the surface using a specially formulated two-step cleaners to remove body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we seal and repair all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. To finish, we use a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
The end result of our tub reglazing is a sparkling finish that looks wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish process, which leaves the surface silky smooth and with a feel of original porcelain. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Kirkwood, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a token of the cost of remodeling, renovation, or replacement. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you pick a Kirkwood, MO competing company that banks on patchwork processes and low-quality materials, problems may still arise. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should know and avoid near Kirkwood, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the finish and gloss of your bathtub to erode, leaving small openings for moisture to seep into the material and cause cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your Kirkwood, MO tub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, particularly when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass is very flexible and easily bends under weight.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is typically because of inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our knowledgeable staff has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Kirkwood, MO, and we utilize only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work finished right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Kirkwood, MO company that treats it as such. Choose A New Look Resurfacing for your Kirkwood, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is exactly the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a Kirkwood, MO competitor did not properly air out the site and let dust and debris get enclosed into the finish.
There are three primary causes of cracks forming on or in your Kirkwood, MO bathtub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Kirkwood, MO. Call us at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is done the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing hopes you enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are dedicated to providing residents in Kirkwood, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Kirkwood, MO customers are pleased to contact A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Kirkwood, MO neighbors:
- Low Cost Bathtub Refinishing
- Affordable Bathtub Resurfacing
- Bathtub Resurfacing
- Cracked Bathtub Repair
- Low Cost Tub Resurfacing
- Fiberglass Tub Repair
- Shower Repair
- Bathtub Replacement Alternative
- Acrylic Bathtub Repair
- Countertop Resurfacing
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can repair cracks, rust, and other imperfections to make any home's bathroom look refreshed. Deciding when to opt for tub reglazing depends on multiple factors including the condition of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Here are a few of the situations where it makes the most sense:
- Aging and Wear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate scratches. Reglazing can restore the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and want to change the color of your bathtub to align with the new design, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without replacing the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like chips, reglazing can repair these issues without needing a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes rough, it can accumulate dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, smooth surface that is easier to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be expensive and demanding, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a cheaper and faster alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a antique bathtub, reglazing can retain its original charm while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to revitalize the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need for a full renovation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a shiny bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a more rapid sale.
It's important to note that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has severe structural damage, reglazing might not be enough, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Tub Reglazing Might Not Be the Best Option
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like some plastic varieties, may not be suitable for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to opt for a bathtub with new features or a different size, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing is right for your Kirkwood, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Kirkwood, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure will improve the functionality and look of your whole bathroom. We strive to ensure our Kirkwood, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some of the questions we normally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Kirkwood, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in Kirkwood, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The team at A New Look Resurfacing completes it right the first time around so that our Kirkwood, MO customers don’t have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get a fast and easy estimate, or contact us online right away.
How long will the Kirkwood, MO new finish last?
You can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years, with proper care. Also, we can reglaze your bathtub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my Kirkwood, MO tub a different color?
Absolutely. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Kirkwood, MO?
We use low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our Kirkwood, MO tub reglazing experts have all the necessary equipment and protective gear to protect the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try a Leader in Tub Reglazing in Kirkwood, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Kirkwood, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our knowledgeable tub reglazing staff in Kirkwood, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking the bank.
Contact us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Kirkwood, MO, and we will get you right back into your euphoric comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.