Tub Reglazing in Washington, MO
Tub Reglazing Washington, MO. Not much beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of champagne or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in Washington, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in Washington, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring worn, impossible to clean, chipped, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in Washington, MO. Our tub reglazing process begins with a complete sanding and cleaning of the surface using a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we repair and seal all chips, cracks, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the new finish and the old surface. Finally, we utilize a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your bathtub. Our experts achieve this finish with an extra polish and buff procedure, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded experts can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in Washington, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can experience the benefit of a brand new-looking tub at a fraction of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you select a Washington, MO competing company that relies on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Here are some of the most common tub reglazing problems you should know and avoid near Washington, MO:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: When heavy objects are dropped in a bathtub, small divots and dents begin to form. These divots eventually cause cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can breakdown the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your tub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support underneath your Washington, MO bathtub can be a contributor to the downfall of your bathtub, particularly when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is generally due to inadequate curing of the coatings between layers, or the old finish not being stripped before reglazing. Our professional team has over 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in Washington, MO, and we utilize only tested, proven methods and the highest quality products to get the work finished right the first time.
If the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used, your reglazed tub will fade. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a Washington, MO company that treats it as such. Select A New Look Resurfacing for your Washington, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels pointy, rough, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t sanded or cleaned properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is exactly the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a Washington, MO competitor did not properly air out the site and let dust and debris get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your Washington, MO tub:
A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in Washington, MO. If you encounter this, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or contact us online right away. We’ll ensure the job is done the correct way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your alone time. We are dedicated to providing residents in Washington, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our Washington, MO customers are happy to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and these are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
In addition to our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our Washington, MO neighbors:
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can restore cracks, rust, and other flaws to make any home's bathroom look refreshed. Figuring out if your bathroom's in need of tub reglazing depends on a range of factors including the state of your bathtub, your renovation goals, and budget. Here are a few of the situations where it makes the most sense:
- Wear and Tear: Bathtubs age just like anything else, and accumulate chips. Reglazing can restore the surface to look like new.
- Color Update: If you're remodeling your bathroom and desire to change the color of your bathtub to complement the new decor, reglazing is a budget-friendly way to do so without having to invest in a new tub and installation.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has slight surface damage like blemishes, reglazing can repair these imperfections without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: When the surface of a bathtub becomes porous, it can harbor dirt and grime in a way that's hard to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a cheaper and more efficient alternative to give your bathtub a fresh look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a antique bathtub, reglazing can retain its original form and aesthetic while reviving its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an effective way to refresh the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without the need to invest in a full remodel.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're planning to sell your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially enhancing its market value and aiding in a quicker sale.
It's important to note that reglazing is not a permanent solution, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be a good fit, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has major structural issues, such as major faults, reglazing might not be enough.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be fit for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to switch to a bathtub with new features or a new shape, replacement is the more suitable route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to learn if tub reglazing is a good fit for your Washington, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our Washington, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing procedure improves the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our Washington, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no questions left unasked or unanswered and we are on the same page prior to beginning work. The following are some questions we generally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in Washington, MO?
Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. On an ill-installed surface in Washington, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing does it right the first time around so that our Washington, MO customers don’t experience peeling after reglazing. Call us at (314) 368-6198, text us pictures of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the Washington, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the reglaze to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Additionally, we can reglaze your tub repeatedly for the furnishing’s lifecycle.
Can you reglaze my Washington, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least our color palette – is your oyster, so whether you desire an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the team for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in Washington, MO?
We employ low-VOC, eco-friendly products with low odor. Our Washington, MO tub reglazing specialists have all the suitable protective gear and equipment to protect the remainder of the nearby windows and bathroom from any reciprocal dust particles or fumes. Wherever we are working, we always properly seal off and ventilate the entire area.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in Washington, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Destress and enjoy a quality bath with a properly reglazed tub in Washington, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our knowledgeable tub reglazing staff in Washington, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a tub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking the bank.
Reach out to us, give us a call today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in Washington, MO, and we will get you right back into your comfort zone to mellow out and recharge as soon as possible.