Tub Reglazing in St. Louis, MO
Tub Reglazing St. Louis, MO. Nothing beats the feeling of indulging in a long, warm bath after a stressful day. It is your sanctuary, your happy place. Topped off with a good book, a glass of red wine or maybe a cup of coffee – dealer’s choice – and your go-to essential oils, this the perfect way to unwind, relax your senses, rejuvenate your skin and enjoy that peace you’ve been yearning for since getting your first glance at Larry and hearing his shrill voice while doing his best impersonation of “Red Stapler Guy” this morning at the office. Oh, the nerve of this guy. It’s like nails across a chalkboard.
If your peaceful euphoria in St. Louis, MO is interrupted by the sight of a peeling, worn out, or faded tub, you need to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing immediately. This unsightly bathtub is the bane of your existence, like the sight of Larry’s face. But it certainly doesn’t need to be. We are available at a moment’s notice in St. Louis, MO, and throughout the St. Charles and Greater St. Louis areas. Call us right away at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online.
What is Tub Reglazing and How Does it Work in St. Louis, MO?
Our tub reglazing services are for restoring chipped, worn, impossible to clean, or just plain dated bathtubs to look and feel new in St. Louis, MO. Our tub reglazing procedure starts with a complete cleaning and sanding of the surface using a specially formulated two-step cleaners to get rid of body oils, mineral deposits, and soap scum. Next, we repair and seal all cracks, chips, and stains. We then apply a proprietary bonding agent to ensure a solid bond between the old surface and the new finish. Finally, we use a fine finish to apply a durable coating.
A sparkling finish that appears wet, has high light refraction, and a deep gloss is the end result of our tub reglazing. Not to mention the brand new feel of your tub. Our specialists achieve this finish with an extra buff and polish procedure, which leaves the surface with a feel of the original porcelain and silky smooth. A New Look Resurfacing’s professional services and our licensed, insured, and bonded specialists can save you thousands of dollars on the costs associated with a full bathtub replacement.
How is Tub Reglazing With A New Look Resurfacing in St. Louis, MO Different From Competitors?
The best part about our tub reglazing service is that you can enjoy a brand new-looking tub at a token of the cost of replacement, renovation, or remodeling. According to Home Guide, tub reglazing is 75 percent cheaper than replacement. However, if you pick a St. Louis, MO competing company that relies on patchwork procedures and low-quality materials, problems may still happen. Some of the most common tub reglazing issues you should know and avoid near St. Louis, MO are:
- Rough texture
- Heavy objects: Small divots and dents begin to form when heavier objects are dropped in your bathtub. These divots eventually bring about cracks.
- Harsh cleaners: Highly abrasive cleaners, such as bleach, can weaken the surface of your tub. These harsh cleaners cause the gloss and finish of your bathtub to erode, leaving openings for moisture to seep into the material and bring about cracks.
- Lack of support: Lack of support beneath your St. Louis, MO bathtub can be a contributing factor to the downfall of your bathtub, specifically when it comes to fiberglass surfaces. Fiberglass easily bends under weight and is very flexible.
- Sticky feel
Improper coating in the tub’s finish can cause bubbles on the surface. This occurs when air gets trapped in between individual layers of coating. This bubbling is typically because of the old finish not being stripped before reglazing, or inadequate curing of the coatings between layers. Our professional staff has more than 22 years of experience reglazing tubs in St. Louis, MO and throughout the Greater St. Louis area, and we use only the highest quality products and tested, proven methods to get the work done right the first time.
Your reglazed tub will fade if the refinish coating is mixed incorrectly and applied too thinly, or an incorrect mixture was used. Tub reglazing is not a DIY project, so don’t hire a St. Louis, MO company that treats it like one. Pick A New Look Resurfacing for your St. Louis, MO tub reglazing needs.
If your reglazed tub has a texture that feels rough, pointy, or like sandpaper, and you didn’t have a non-slip surface applied, this indicates that the surface wasn’t cleaned or sanded properly before the coating was applied. A reglazed bathtub should always feel smooth to the touch. And we make sure that is precisely the case at A New Look Resurfacing. It could also be that a St. Louis, MO competitor didn’t properly air out the site and let dust and debris get trapped in the finish.
There are three main causes of cracks forming on or in your St. Louis, MO bathtub:
If you encounter a sticky feeling substance on the surface, do not use the tub yet as it may need to be reglazed. A newly glazed tub that feels sticky to the touch can happen when the coating did not cure properly in St. Louis, MO. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198 or reach out to us online right away. We will make sure the job is completed the right way, even if a competitor started it.
A New Look Resurfacing wants you to enjoy your time away from the Larrys of the world; your time in isolated relaxation. We are dedicated to providing residents in St. Louis, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis with honest, quality tub reglazing services. Our tub reglazing service has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and we back up our work with a five-year warranty.
Our St. Louis, MO customers are pleased to reach out to A New Look Resurfacing and the following are reasons for you to do the same for your tub reglazing needs:
- Family owned and operated
- Licensed, insured and bonded
- Satisfaction guaranteed
- Same day service
- Quick estimates
- Great customer service
- Affordable rates
Along with our popular tub reglazing services, A New Look Resurfacing also provides the following for our St. Louis, MO neighbors:
- Low Cost Bathtub Refinishing
- Affordable Bathtub Resurfacing
- Bathtub Resurfacing
- Cracked Bathtub Repair
- Low Cost Tub Resurfacing
- Fiberglass Tub Repair
- Shower Repair
- Bathtub Replacement Alternative
- Acrylic Bathtub Repair
- Countertop Resurfacing
How to Know If Your Tub Needs Reglazing
Tub reglazing can rejuvenate cracks, rust, and other blemishes to make any house's bathroom look renewed. Determining if your bathroom's in need of tub reglazing depends on a range of factors including the state of your bathtub, your remodeling plans, and budget. Below are a number of the situations we commonly see with out tub reglazing clients:
- Aging: Over time, bathtubs can show signs of wear such as scratches. Reglazing can renew the surface to look new again.
- Color Update: If you're renovating your bathroom and wish to change the color of your bathtub to complement the updated style, reglazing is a economical way to do so without getting rid of the tub.
- Surface Damage: If your tub has minor surface damage like blemishes, reglazing can fix these imperfections without requiring a full replacement.
- Cleaning Difficulties: As a tub wears down, it can trap dirt and grime, making it difficult to clean. Reglazing creates a new, non-porous surface that is simpler to clean.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Replacing a bathtub can be pricey and labor-intensive, both in terms of labor and the price of the actual tub. Reglazing is a less expensive and quicker alternative to get the same like-new look.
- Preserving Vintage Tubs: If you have a antique bathtub, reglazing can preserve its original charm while renewing its function and appearance.
- Rental Properties: For landlords, reglazing can be an efficient way to revitalize the look of a bathroom when you're looking for new tenants without losing time or money during the installation.
- Enhancing Home Value Before Selling: If you're preparing to put on the market your house, a fresh bathtub can contribute to a better overall impression of your home, potentially increasing its market value and aiding in a more rapid sale.
It's important to note that reglazing typically lasts about 10-15 years, depending on how it's used and maintenance. If your tub has major structural damage, reglazing might not be enough, and a replacement could be necessary.
When Replacement May Be a Better Choice
- Structural Damage: If your bathtub has substantial structural issues, such as large cracks, reglazing might not be adequate.
- Material Limitations: Some bathtub materials, like certain plastics, may not be fit for reglazing.
- Desire for New Features: If you want to switch to a bathtub with new features or a different style, replacement is the right route.
You can speak to an expert today at (314) 368-6198 to determine if tub reglazing may be right for your St. Louis, MO home.
Frequently Asked Questions From Our St. Louis, MO Customers Regarding Tub Reglazing
Our tub reglazing process improves the look and functionality of your whole bathroom. We strive to make sure our St. Louis, MO customers are well informed, so that there are no unanswered questions and we’re on the same page before beginning work. The following are some of the questions we generally hear:
Why is my reglazed tub peeling in St. Louis, MO?
On an ill-installed surface in St. Louis, MO, a chip can form which can lead to the loosening of the entire finish. Peeling usually happens when the surface was incorrectly prepared or the glaze did not cure properly. The staff at A New Look Resurfacing does the job right the first time around so that our St. Louis, MO customers do not have to deal with peeling after reglazing. Give us a call at (314) 368-6198, text us photos of your bathtub to get an easy and fast estimate, or reach out to us online right away.
How long will the St. Louis, MO new finish last?
With proper care, you can expect the finish to last between 10-15 years for bathtubs. Additionally, we can reglaze your tub over and over again.
Can you reglaze my St. Louis, MO tub a different color?
Sure thing. The world – or at least A New Look’s color palette – is your oyster, so whether you want an avocado green bathtub or more of a glossy white, A New Look Resurfacing is the place for you.
Is the tub reglazing process harmful to me, my family, or my pets in St. Louis, MO?
We employ eco-friendly, low-VOC products with low odor. Our St. Louis, MO tub reglazing experts have all the needed protective gear and equipment to protect the rest of the bathroom and nearby windows from any reciprocal fumes or dust particles. We always properly seal off and ventilate the areas we’re working in.
Try the Leading Tub Reglazing Service in St. Louis, MO | A New Look Resurfacing
Enjoy a quality bath and destress with a properly reglazed tub in St. Louis, MO from A New Look Resurfacing. With our knowledgeable tub reglazing staff in St. Louis, MO and throughout Greater St. Louis, you can have a bathtub that is as good as new to relax in without breaking your bank.
Reach out to us, call us today at (314) 368-6198 or text us photos to get a fast and easy estimate or free consultation in St. Louis, MO, and we will put you right back in your euphoric comfort zone to relax the day away as soon as possible.